We’re constantly keeping a pulse on the ever-changing marketing landscape. One of the biggest shifts we’ve observed in recent years is the rapidly growing role of artificial intelligence (AI) in the advertising industry. We’re excited to have a front-row seat to this innovative movement, and in this article, we’re here to show you how you can too.
Our Head of Digital, Zaine Wilson-Hoyle, said one of the most significant ways AI is being used in advertising is through programmatic advertising.
“AI is transforming programmatic advertising by improving audience targeting, real-time bidding, ad optimisation and personalisation, and fraud detection. It allows advertisers to target their ads to specific audiences with greater accuracy and efficiency, analyse ad performance data in real time, create personalised ad experiences, and prevent ad fraud. This ultimately leads to more effective ad campaigns and better returns on ad spend.
Some of the software that we utilise at TFM are MOAT & DoubleVerify. MOAT is a programmatic ad management platform that helps advertisers create, target, and optimise their campaigns across multiple channels. DoubleVerify is a programmatic advertising verification and optimisation platform that specialises in verifying ad quality, detecting fraud, ensuring brand safety, and improving campaign performance.”
Here are the key facts:
- By analysing user data and behaviour, AI algorithms can deliver tailored ads that are more relevant and engaging. This not only improves the user experience but can also drive better results for advertisers. An example of this is Dynamic Creative Optimisation (DCO), which is an AI-powered tool that creates personalised ads in real-time based on user data such as location, browsing behaviour and purchase history.
- AI algorithms can deliver tailored ads that are more relevant and engaging by analysing user data and behaviour. This not only improves the user experience but can also drive better results for advertisers.
- AI-powered tools can analyse large amounts of data and generate ad creative assets like images, videos and copy that are optimised for specific audiences and platforms. This can help marketers save time and resources when creating more effective campaigns.
Some of our favourite AI tools at TFM Digital include Adobe Sensei, Canva and Figma.
So how can marketers stay ahead of the curve as AI continues to transform the advertising industry? Here are our key tips:
1. Embrace AI: The first step is to embrace AI as a powerful tool in your marketing arsenal. Invest in AI-powered tools and platforms that can help you create, distribute, and measure your campaigns more effectively. Using programs mentioned earlier such as MOAT & DoubleVerify can assist you in programmatic buying, and platforms such as ChatAI, Designs.ai or Adobe Sensei can improve your creative efficiency.
2. Get educated: Take the time to learn about the latest advances in AI and how they’re being used in the advertising industry. Attend conferences and seminars, read industry publications, and network with other marketers who are using AI in their campaigns. There is also a range of free educational videos on YouTube that teach you tips and tricks, like here or here.
3. Stay agile: As AI continues to evolve, be prepared to adapt your marketing strategies and tactics. Be open to new ideas and approaches. While you shouldn’t solely focus on AI or use it to replace human work, you can use it to replicate mundane tasks or give you a head-start.
4. Use data wisely: Finally, remember that AI is only as good as the data you feed it. Make sure you are collecting high-quality data and using it to inform your marketing decisions.
AI is changing the advertising industry in profound ways, and marketers who can harness its power will be at a distinct advantage. AI algorithms can make recommendations for how to adjust campaigns to achieve better results, so make sure you are learning about all the software or engaging agencies who know how to utilise it. If you ever want to learn more about how we can utilise AI for your programmatic marketing, we would love to chat!